It is unbelievable that summer 2018 is already halfway over!
North Severna Park is having an amazing pool season so far, and we wanted to take a moment to point out some of the highlights of the season and thank the members who have contributed to make our pool even better.
- Pool membership is way up this year with 85 member families, including 24 new members! Thank you to all who have spread the word to their friends, family, and neighbors about how wonderful our little pool is. Special thanks to those who referred new members to us specifically: the Halls, Luotos, Hendricks, Cornetts, Welches, Linthicums, and Levingers. Christine will reach out in the next few days with information on your referral bonus!
- Big thanks to Jason Brutvan who coordinated the acquisition of the beautiful brown lounge chairs for the pool. They look fantastic and are a huge upgrade from what we had before!
- Thank you to the Reneau family (Katie & Jon) for generously donating their gas grill to the pool. Pool cookouts just got much easier!
- Thank you to Sarah D'Orlando for organizing a very successful Taco Night in June, and to Lauren and Adam Mueller for putting together the 4th of July barbecue! Everyone really enjoyed these events and appreciates the work you all put into them.
- Huge thanks to Matt Hall and the "Power Hour" team of Josh Cornett, John Varney, Artie Hendricks, Aaron Dalton, Dan D'Orlando, Aimee Murphy, Matt Welch, Jason Hepp, and Jason Brutvan, who spent numerous weekends cleaning up the pool and back lot. Matt also installed the volleyball net in the back lot and the code lock on the gate, and has repaired countless items around the pool grounds. We are very grateful for all you do!
- Thank you to Peg Birner for the plants around the pool, Chuck Miller for the hardware and paint for the volleyball court, and Ethel Marsteller for the soap in the bathrooms.
- Fun fact: Jay Murphy (former NSPCA President) has painted the bottom of our pool for the last 5 years (at least) and has committed to doing so until he's 80. :) Thank you, Jay!
Want to help out more? We need members to sit on the following pool committees:
Contact us by email if you're interested in helping out!
It takes a village to run a community pool. We are so thankful to everyone who contributes to creating the friendly and fun atmosphere we love. Thanks again to everyone who helps make our pool the Best in Severna Park!